April 30, 2019
Q1 update from Vineti
As 2019 shapes up to be yet another landmark year for advanced therapies, Vineti is hard at work on our essential software solution for personalized therapy workflows. With springtime already here, I wanted to take a moment to step back and share some highlights with you.
At Vineti, we’re always tracking metrics that show how our industry is moving forward:
- Number of potential patients enrolled in current cell and gene therapy trials world-wide: 59,575*. Many of these patients will require some form of a personalized supply chain to produce their therapies.
- Number of anticipated U.S. cell and gene therapy approvals by 2025: 10 to 20 per year**. Regulators are likely to require that many of these filings include a digital traceability system to help protect patient safety.
- Number of anticipated IND filings in the United States by 2025: more than 200 per year**. Many of these clinical trials will require a digital traceability system to progress safely and quickly.
In short, Vineti looks forward to yet more to do to support this rapidly evolving field! Here’s some of our recent work from Q1:
- Our software platform is now deployed hundreds of leading medical centers world-wide and growing quickly to help our biopharmaceutical partners reach as many patients as possible. Here’s how we do it.
- Our full-time team is now almost 100 employees strong, and continuing to grow to support further expansion of our software platform. (Want to join our industry-leading team? Start here!)
- “Commercial Lessons for Clinical Success,” our popular co-authored article on best practices for clinical-phase advanced therapy development, has been viewed more than 3,000 times. Download your own copy here.
- We’ve gotten even more involved in industry standard-setting. As part of that, we’ve converted our popular Standards Coordinating Body webinar on cell and gene therapy in-process labeling into an easily accessible summary version with tips and a data flow chart.
- We started implementation with several new clinical-phase customers, including Autolus Therapeutics.
We announced a strategic partnership with hub services provider CareMetx to provide even more support for the cell and gene therapy patient journey.
We’re proud of this progress — and we are energized about how much more we have to do! Cell and gene therapies “take a village,” so I’m always curious to l hear your suggestions or commentary for Vineti. Please send a message. Thank you!
Amy DuRoss is the CEO and Co-founder of Vineti. If you’d like to see how Vineti’s Personalized Therapy Management (PTM) platform can help you solve your advanced therapy supply chain and workflow challenges, please contact us to schedule a demo.
* Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
** U.S. FDA