Innovative Insights: “This is not a sustainable model.”
Cell and gene therapies (CGTs) are on the cutting edge of medicine, but their current production and delivery complexity is pushing Healthcare Providers to a breaking point.
This article review a recent advisory council attended by 16 leading cell and gene therapy healthcare professionals, providers and administrators who voiced an urgent need for standards and simplicity to make the growth of CGT sustainable.
Among the greatest challenges:
- Workflows and systems that are not standardized;
- large amounts of uncompensated time lost to data entry and system trainings;
- low staff morale and high attrition risk due to the need to prioritize processes and training over time with patients;
- IT and cybersecurity vulnerabilities related to the proliferation of too many portals and digital systems;
- and excessive operational variability and training requirements for CGT clinical trials that may only enroll a limited number of patients per site.
Download now to hear from these industry experts!